Wednesday 10 June 2009

Frustration Beyond Belief

Last week, I had to go to our Bracknell office for a meeting. I left home early, at about 6.30am.

I always have the RDS on the radio, so that any travel news warns me of impending disaster ahead, but for once the system failed, and due to a fatal accident involving 2 lorries and 2 cars on the M40, I was literally stuck on the M40 for three and a half hours.

If this wasn't infuriating in itself, for the vast majority of the 3.5 hours I was less than 200 feet from a cache, which was actually on the road above the motorway!!!

I was tempted a few times to lock the car and run up the embankment for a quick forage, but common sense dicated that I stay with the car.

Since then, weather and work have been getting in the way of geocaching.

Another strange occurence yesterday.....I'm involved with the Forum for the Built Environment, and the committee are looking to hold an event later in the year, and quite a few (mostly bad) idea were pinging around by e-mail (I suggested Monkey Tennis, and Karaoke with Chas and Dave, but no-one seemed keen).

All of a sudden, an e-mail pops up and someone suggests geocaching!!!!!

Blimey, there's another one out there! I bumped into the guy this morning, and although he knows a little about caching, he has yet to find one, so he left the breakfast with plenty of things to look up on the www, and I don't think it will be long before he gets the bug (you've got to feel sorry for him, haven't you?).

Caches found at time of posting.....2192...a slow month so far, only 24 finds in 9 days!

No comments:

Post a Comment