Friday 3 July 2009

A Review of Caching in June

Not as productive a month as April and May in terms of numbers, but not a bad month in many respects.

I’ve had a couple of enjoyable days up in the Peak District, including a few on Kinder Scout to add some ticks to the D/T grid, now I’ve got 63 combinations completed ot of 81.

I’ve also compiled a list of potential caches for the “unticked” combinations and will be making a special effort to get more done over the coming months.

Highlight of the month was a superbly organised event “Summer in Sambourne”, thanks to AJIGeo and The Webbies for organising it, and the superb weather.

I managed to bag 6 FTF’s on the day, along with a group of cachers….The Strangler, Delta68, Stevo185 to name but a few.

A FTF later in the month equalled my record of 7 FTF’s in a calendar month; I was hoping to beat it, but sadly it was not to be.

Plans are now well underway for September and my week away caching with the dog. I’ve booked the campsites. First stop is Graffham, which luckily (deliberately) is in the middle of a 15 mile circular route containing the 72 cache Sussex Amble series. Second stop is the Isle of White, where Graham1875 will be joining me to grab a few of the 107 caches on the island. Then finally it’s off the Cornwall for 3 days for some R&R caching before heading home to log all the finds!

During June, I’ve done a couple series of note:

Fairbrook Naze – brilliant series along the Kinder plateau
A Quarry Caper – 14 caches in the Peak District

Let’s hope the weather holds for July, as I’m planning a return to the Mega Series in Hampshire to get that finished!

I couldn't add any links into this post as the GC.com website appears to be down at the moment (lots of GAGB forum activity though, seems no-one has anything else to do!)

Caches found at time of posting….2292.

No comments:

Post a Comment