Tuesday 5 May 2009

2000 Up!!!!

I wasn't expecting to do any cachin' this weekend, but after doing all the shopping etc on Saturday....Julie (my non-caching girlfriend) wanted to go out for a walk as we are off to do Scafell Pike in 3 weeks and she needs to get some "practice" in before we go.

She therefore offered to accompany me and the dog on a caching expedition in Gloucestershire to do a little "Hillside" series of 9 caches, plus another one on the way round.

This is the first time she has been out caching with me, as she maintains it's a bit sad (which it is) for sad people (of which I'm one).

She actually spotted one of them before I did, so although she won't admit it, she "gets it" now....I think....

Anyway, on Sunday we headed for the Clent hills for 6 caches I'd identified a few weeks ago, so I wasn't expecting to reach 2000. However, the wonders of the PQ ensured that the 5 new caches placed in the Clent Hills by the National Trust gave us 11 to attempt, and we found the lot!

Cache No.2000 turned out to be GCD488 Clent Eastwood (Worcestershire), and it wasn't a micro, it was a big ammo can! A fitting cache for the 2000th!!!!

Caches found at time of posting.....2001!

No comments:

Post a Comment