Tuesday 12 May 2009

There's a Thief About!

I've often heard of cache containers getting stolen, but until now it has never happened to me.

I had a "Found" notification on one of my caches today; Collector Cache 6 : Consumed Fence which seemed to indicate that they had found a 35mm film pot, rather than the rather posh metal camoflaged container I placed. I haven't yet been to check, but I have contacted the last 2 finders, who both claim to have found a film pot.


The third last finder (uklifesaver) took a photo of the cache at GZ and uploaded it to his log, so it must have happened recently.

I'm absolutely furious, what sort of dispicable w****er would do something like this? They even moved the original log sheet into the film pot.

I have of course put a notice on the cache page suggesting that the culprit returns and replaces the cache as it was.....but these sort of people generally won't have a conscience.

On a brighter note, I managed to find 2 caches today that have been causing me problems, namely Flip The Pancake and Big Kids Challenge 11 of 13. Bizarrely, they are only about 0.25 miles from each other.

Grabbed 4 of a new series locally this evening while walking the dog, so.....

Caches found at time of posting.....2055.....

No comments:

Post a Comment