Thursday 14 May 2009

Lucky FTF's


After work tonight, I reluctantly returned to GC1R4VK Drayton Cache Series 4a after doing the 3.2 mile round trip for a DNF earlier in the week. I'd had a little hint from a previous finder, so went with a little more confidence this time.

Job done, I set off back to the car with the geo-mutt sniffing around contentedly. Just as I arrived back at the car, e-mail arrived, alerting me to 2 new caches less than a mile from where I was, in fact, I'd just walked within 0.1 miles of one of them on my return journey!

Not fancying the long walk back, I decided to move the car a little closer and access them via the PF rather than the canal towpath.

With the FTF hounds round here, and light fading, I needed to get my skates on. I parked up at 7.55pm, and made the short walk, 0.12 miles, to the first new cache GC1RB2E Mad4Cache Stash15 and spent 10 minutes trying to find it without success.

I decided to run to the next one, about 0.44 miles further down the track. Maybe if I was quick, I would still be able to get FTF on this one on the return leg!

Arrived at GZ for GC1RB2C Mad4Cache Stash14 and due to spot on coords and a bit of lateral thinking I realised where it was immediately, in fact, I could hear it, but I couldn't see it! I had to use my car keys to prise off the top of a post to access the cache, and found a blank log!

Now for the dash back to the other one. As I ran across the canal bridge, I spotted a fellow leisurely leaning against the wall, and he said "Did you find it?", turns out to be the cache owner, Mad4Cache, spying on the FTF! Sadly I couldn't talk for long, I did have a cache to find after all!

Got back to the first cache, and thankfully found it almost immediately in a place I'd looked in before...isn't that always the way?

Got back to the car all hot and sweaty, but happy!!!!

And I was late for dinner....but who cares?

Caches found at time of posting......2062.

No comments:

Post a Comment